Mission Statement: To encourage, promote, and elevate the quality of the publishing arts in West Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic for citizens of all ages.
Profile: Publishers Place, Inc. is an award-winning publisher based in West Virginia that develops and produces high-quality fiction, poetry, memoirs, and art calendars. Since 1997, Publishers Place, Inc. has released over twenty books and six calendars .
Here are some of the awards our publications have won:
- Our first calendar, featuring photography of West Virginia, was a finalist for “Best Scenic Photography” by the Calendar Marketing Association in 1998.
- Wild Sweet Notes: 50 Years of West Virginia Poetry (1950-1999) – The best selling book in West Virginia in autumn 2000, all publishers considered, as well as being short listed for the prestigious American Poetry Anthology.
- Father’s Troubles – This novel, by Carter Taylor-Seaton, was a finalist for “Best Historical Fiction of 2003” in the ForeWord magazine awards.
- One of our authors, Justine Rutherford, was named “West Virginia Author of the Year” for 2005 by Tamarack, for her works Rough Lumber and Wild Mustard.
- To Love Mercy, a novel by Frank S. Joseph, has won finalist or notable status in six national awards.